Price for one - £1695 | Price for a pair - £2995
Now on offer - Rechargeable models and charger included at no extra cost and a free five year guarantee.
September 23rd, 2016 - Phonak Belong now available.
Phonak Audeo Belong replaces the previous range, the Phonak Audeo Venture. The B90 is the premium hearing aid in this range.
The Belong has a number of significant improvements over the older venture. The main thing that Phonak are talking about is the rechargeability of these new aids using built in Lithium-ion batteries (these are the first ever hearing aids to contain that technology) but we will come to that in a minute. The less talked about, but in my opinion the most significant improvement with the B90 is the Binaural VoiceStream Technology.
Binaural VoiceStream Technology
In situations where it can be difficult to hear people speak clearly, such as in noise, on the phone or when you can't see the speaker, the Belong B90 provides extra help. Any speech sounds collected by one hearing aid are streamed automatically to both aids at the same time, that means you will always hear the speech sounds in stereo, even on the phone. We expect this to help considerably when in background noise.
The Belong is the first hearing aid to have a rechargeable battery worth using (in our opinion). Previous rechargeable options have never lasted as long as we would have liked and many people found they couldn't last the whole day without recharging. Phonak are now using better battery tech and have overcome that problem.
• Breakthrough Lithium-ion battery technology
• 24 hours of hearing with one simple charge - even including 80 minutes of wireless streaming time
• Quickest charging, longest lasting rechargeable hearing aid – 3 hours of charging time
• Fast charging option – 30 minutes for 6 hours of use
• Battery lifetime 4 years plus
• No disposable battery hassle
New operating system
• AutoSense OS with SoundRecover2
• Industry leading automatic system provides unmatched hearing performance
• 20% better speech understanding thanks to automatic selection
• 37% reduction in listening effort for conversations in cars when compared to the Phonak Venture range.
• 10% better understanding of soft speech sounds, again compared to previous generations.
The new AutoSense operating system is less "clunky" than previous generations. Before now the hearing aids would switch between up to seven different settings, depending on what hearing situation the hearing aid's automatic function thinks you are in. Now they will blend seamlessly between them, creating over 200 different possible settings for the hearing aids to be in.
There are five different versions of this hearing aid, all over the ear RIC (Receiver In the Canal) types. There are no custom in-ear models or full sized BTE's yet.
• Audéo B90-10 - Smallest size and the lowest battery life due to the size 10 battery. Most discreet.
• Audéo B90-312 - Standard size using the 312 battery. For most people this is the ideal mix of a small neat hearing aid, but still with a decent battery life.
• Audéo B90-312T - Almost the same as the B90-312 but a little bit longer to fit in the telecoil.
• Audéo B90-13 - Biggest of the aids, longest battery life with a 13 battery. Push button and the only one with a physical volume control.
• Audéo B90-R - This is the rechargeable one. Push button, no V/C, charge indicator light. Completely sealed unit
Audeo B90 features
20 Channel hearing aid
Seven program automatic AutoSense OS encompassing: Calm Situation, Speech in Noise, Comfort in Noise, Music, Speech in Loud Noise, Speech in Car, Comfort in Echo.
Additional programs, up to five from this list: Speech in Wind, Comfort in Echo, Speech in Loud Noise, Speech in 360°, Speech in Noise, Calm Situation, Comfort in Noise, MusicAcoustic phone, Custom program.
UltraZoom Premium directionality, SNR-Boost, FlexControl,FlexVolume, DuoPhone, SoundRecover 2, User Preference Tuning, Real Ear Sound, WhistleBlock, NoiseBlock, WindBlock, EchoBlock, SoundRelax, QuickSync, AOV, Tinnitus Balance, Auto Acclimatization, CROS B compatible.
Not all of these features are obvious as to their function, we're happy to talk you through any specifics if you call or email us.
Other features and alternative models
We do have more to say about the Phonak Belong, but if we wrote it all right here then we'd have nothing to put on our next page all about the second model down, the Audeo Belong B70, so if you want to read more about accessories or CROS systems and to see what features you don't get by going for a less expensive model, click here.
Author: David Roberts