Update - This aid has been superseded. We can still supply them but they are far from new technology. Please see the current models towards the top of our list.
In October 2010 Phonak launched the Cassia. This hearing aid directly replaced the previous Certena Art model. It was Phonaks third level down in technology until the launch ofd the Quest range (Bolero Q, Virto Q). It still has many features and offers a wide range of styles to suit your individual needs.
It is available in various BTE (Behind the Ear) Styles
It also comes in several custom ITE (In the Ear) models
CIC - (Completely in Canal)
MC - (Mini Canal)
ITC - (In the Canal)
HS - (Half Shell)
FS - (Full Shell)
The Cassia has an excellent variety of features, these include
• 6 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Ultrazoom - This is a binaural microphone application designed to enhance speech capture and noise cancellation.
• Whistleblock – To give the wearer freedom from the annoying feedback that can occur.
• Soundrecover – Improves the wearers ability to hear high frequency sounds while maintaining a natural sound.
• Noiseblock – This is designed to suppress background noise leaving speech clearer.
• Windblock – This manages wind noise without having to adjust microphone settings.
• Soundflow– This feature detects even the most subtle changes in your listening environment and using different programmes it can adapt automatically to ensure comfort and clarity in your hearing.
• AOV (Accoustically Optimised Vent) – This ensures the wearer has minimum occlusion
The Cassia is also wireless. Phonak have developed a range of accessories to work along side it to give you the freedom to enjoy everyday activities such as watching tv.
• Phonak Compilot – Streamer worn around the neck
• Phonak TV Link S – Tv transmitter/compilot charger
• Phonak Keypilot – Remote control that attaches to a keychain
• Phonak Mypilot – One touch display screen remote control
• Phonak PilotOne – Basic remote control
The Cassia hearing aids are Nano-coated which acts as a barrier against sweat and other moisture in the ear. It is designed to prolong the life of your hearing aid.
In conclusion, the Phonak Cassia is has a good level of technology with wireless compatibility. It has many of the same features as the Ambra and Solana but has significantly fewer channels than these. It is available in a range of styles and colours to suit your individual needs. If you are interested in a hearing aid with these sort of features but with newer technology then you may want to try the Bolero Q 50 or Virto Q 50.