Update - This aid has been superseded. We can still supply them but they are far from new technology. Please see the current models towards the top of our list.
The Certena Art was launched in 2009 and at this time was the third level of technology available from Phonak. It has now been replaced by the Phonak Cassia which contains the new Spice chip technology.
It is available in various BTE (Behind the Ear) Styles
Certena Art - Micro Petite
Certena Art- Micro
Certena Art - SP
Certena Art - P
Certena Art - M
It also comes in several custom ITE (In the Ear) models
CIC - (Completely in Canal)
MC - (Mini Canal)
ITC - (In the Canal)
HS - (Half Shell)
FS - (Full Shell)
The Certena Art has a good variety of features, these include
• 6 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Whistleblock – To give the wearer freedom from the annoying feedback that can occur.
• Soundrecover – Improves the wearers ability to hear high frequency sounds while maintaining a natural sound.
• Noiseblock – This is designed to suppress background noise leaving speech clearer.
• Windblock – This manages wind noise without having to adjust microphone settings.
• Soundflow– This feature detects even the most subtle changes in your listening environment and using different programmes it can adapt automatically to ensure comfort and clarity in your hearing.
• AOV (Accoustically Optimised Vent) – This ensures the wearer has minimum occlusion
The Certena Art is also wireless. Phonak have developed a range of accessories to work along side it to give you the freedom to enjoy everyday activities such as watching tv.
• Phonak iCom – Streamer worn around the neck
• Phonak TV Link – Tv transmitter/compilot charger
• Phonak Keypilot – Remote control that attaches to a keychain
• Phonak Mypilot – One touch display screen remote control
The Certena Art hearing aids are Nano-coated which acts as a barrier against sweat and other moisture in the ear. It is designed to prolong the life of your hearing aid.
In conclusion, the Certena Art was the third level of technology that has wireless compatibility until it was superseded by the Phonak Cassia. It has many of the same features as the Exelia Art and Versata Art but has significantly fewer channels than these. If you would like faster processing technology then you may want to try the Cassia which incorporates Phonaks new Spice chip technology. It is available in a range of styles and colours to suit your individual needs.