Update - This aid has been superseded. We can still supply them but they are far from new technology. Please see the current models towards the top of our list.
The Exelia Art was launched in 2009 and at this time it was the top level of technology available from Phonak. Although still an excellent hearing aid, it has been superseded by the Phonak Ambra which contains their new Spice chip technology.
It is available in various BTE (Behind the Ear) Styles
Exelia Art - Micro Petite
Exelia Art- Micro
Exelia Art - SP
Exelia Art - P
Exelia Art - M
It also comes in several custom ITE (In the Ear) models
CIC - (Completely in Canal)
MC - (Mini Canal)
ITC - (In the Canal)
HS - (Half Shell)
FS - (Full Shell)
The Exelia Art has an excellent variety of features, these include
• 20 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Whistleblock – To give the wearer freedom from the annoying feedback that can occur.
• Soundrecover – Improves the wearers ability to hear high frequency sounds while maintaining a natural sound.
• Noiseblock – This is designed to suppress background noise leaving speech clearer. Soundrelax – This detects sudden loud noises and reduces gain automatically to cushion the sound
• Echoblock - This helps to ease distortion in places that would otherwise reverberate the sound eg. Large halls, churches.
• Windblock – This manages wind noise without having to adjust microphone settings.
• Soundflow with Flex Control – This feature detects even the most subtle changes in your listening environment and using different programmes it can adapt automatically to ensure comfort and clarity in your hearing.The flex control feature allows the user to make adjustments in real time.
• AOV (Accoustically Optimised Vent) – This ensures the wearer has minimum occlusion
The Exelia Art is also wireless. Phonak have developed a range of accessories to work along side it to give you the freedom to enjoy everyday activities such as watching tv.
• Phonak iCom – Streamer worn around the neck
• Phonak TV Link – Tv transmitter/iCom charger
• Phonak Keypilot – Remote control that attaches to a keychain
• Phonak Mypilot – One touch display screen remote control
Exelia Art hearing aids are Nano-coated which acts as a barrier against sweat and other moisture in the ear. It is designed to prolong the life of your hearing aid.
In conclusion, the Exelia Art was top level technology when it was launched but has now been replaced by the Phonak Ambra. It offers a wide range of features and wireless technology but with a much slower processing chip than the newer ranges.