Update - This aid has been superseded. We can still supply them but they are far from new technology. Please see the current models towards the top of our list.
In October 2010 Phonak launched the Solana. This hearing aid directly replaced the previous Versata Art model. It was Phonaks second level down in technology until October 2012 when it was replaced by the new Quest range (Bolero Q, Virto Q) It Still offers a wide range of styles to suit your individual needs.
It is available in various BTE (Behind the Ear) Styles
It also comes in several custom ITE (In the Ear) models
CIC - (Completely in Canal)
MC - (Mini Canal)
ITC - (In the Canal)
HS - (Half Shell)
FS - (Full Shell)
Within the Solana range there is also the Solana Nano. This is a tiny IIC (Invisible in Canal) hearing aid. It sits deep in the ear canal and is designed for people who want something that Is virtually invisible.
The Solana has an excellent variety of features, these include
• 16 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Ultrazoom - This is a binaural microphone application designed to enhance speech capture and noise cancellation.
• Whistleblock – To give the wearer freedom from the annoying feedback that can occur.
• Soundrecover – Improves the wearers ability to hear high frequency sounds while maintaining a natural sound.
• Noiseblock – This is designed to suppress background noise leaving speech clearer.
• Soundrelax – This detects sudden loud noises and reduces gain automatically to cushion the sound
• Windblock – This manages wind noise without having to adjust microphone settings.
• Soundflow– This feature detects even the most subtle changes in your listening environment and using different programmes it can adapt automatically to ensure comfort and clarity in your hearing.
• AOV (Accoustically Optimised Vent) – This ensures the wearer has minimum occlusion
The Solana is also wireless. Phonak have developed a range of accessories to work along side it to give you the freedom to enjoy everyday activities such as watching tv.
• Phonak Compilot – Streamer worn around the neck
• Phonak TV Link S – Tv transmitter/compilot charger
• Phonak Mypilot – One touch display screen remote control
• Phonak PilotOne – Basic remote control
The Solana hearing aids are Nano-coated which acts as a barrier against sweat and other moisture in the ear. It is designed to prolong the life of your hearing aid.
In conclusion, the Phonak Solana has excellent Spice chip technology that has wireless compatibility. It has many of the same features as the Ambra but has only 16 channels. It is available in a range of styles and colours to suit your individual needs. If you are interested in this type of hearing aid but would like newer technology you may want to try the Bolero Q 70 or Virto Q 70. Find out all the latest information and view the complete range from Phonak Solana Hearing Aids range here.