The Alera 4 is the fourth level of technology. Although it is considered a more basic model, it still has a good range of features with wireless capability.
Update - New information
This hearing aid has now been superseded. The aids available in Resound's newest range are the LiNX2 9, the LiNX2 7 and the LiNX2 5. If you are working to a budget and are looking for a more basic hearing aid you may want to look at the Enya 4, Enya 3 or Enya 2
• Alera 4 61 - A wireless mini RIC (Receiver in Canal)
• Alera 4 67 - A wireless mini BTE (Behind the Ear)
• Alera 4 77/87 - A Transitional BTE (Behind the Ear) – This model has the ability to switch between a standard and power hearing aid. Has wireless options.
Custom models available include:
• CIC 10 (Completely in Canal)
• MC 20 (Mini Canal)
• ITC 30 (In the Canal)
• ITE 40 (In the Ear)
• ITE 50 (In the Ear)
The remote microphone models are not available in the Alera 4 range.
• 7 Channels – Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Surround Sound Processor - This processes the different frequencies to preserve the sound quality. It also has a built in wind noise control system.
• DFS (Digital Feedback Suppression – Eliminates the whistling noise caused by feedback.
• Advanced Noise Tracker II - This is a sophisticated system that helps to remove background noise leaving speech clearer. Unlike the more advanced Alera models, the Alera 4 can only be programmed for one level.
• Onboard Analyzer II – This feature allows your audiologist to analyse the data from your hearing aid by logging the activity that takes place. The audiologist can then feed the data into a computer and review it.
• Softswitching – This feature detects levels of sound and speech then slowly adapts the microphones to ensure a continuous comfortable listening environment.
• Adaptive Directionality – Rather than the focus of the microphone being fixed in one direction (i.e. forwards), this feature means that the hearing aid will detect which direction the speech is coming from and adjust the microphone to attain the best sound quality.
The Alera 4 also features iSolate Nanotech technology, the highly waterproof coating applied to all Alera models. This can prolong the life of the hearing aid by protecting it from substances such as earwax or water.
Some models in the Alera 4 range have wireless capability. Unlike many manufacturers, Resound hearing aids do not require an additional neck loop to be worn in order to receive the signal. It is beamed directly from your TV streamer to the hearing aids.
• ReSound Unite TV
• ReSound Unite Mini Microphone
• ReSound Unite Remote Control
• ReSound Unite Phone Clip
In conclusion, the Alera 4 is a more basic model but still has a good range of features. It still has wireless capability and feedback suppression but only one level of noise reduction It also only has 7 channels. This hearing aid is mostly suitable for someone who is usually in quiet or solitary environments. It is just as cosmetic as the rest of the Alera range and is available in a range of colours. However if you feel as though you will need something a little more advanced why not take a look at the other hearing aids in the range, Resound Alera 9, Resound Alera 7 and the Resound Alera 5.
Find out all the latest information and view the complete range from Resound Alera Hearing Aids range here.