A tiny Behind the Ear hearing aid designed for people with mild to profound hearing loss. The Dot 10 is suitable for people are mainly in quiet listening environments, such as their own home.
Update - New information
This hearing aid has now been superseded. The aids available in Resound's newest range are the LiNX2 9, the LiNX2 7 and the LiNX2 5. If you are working to a budget and are looking for a more basic hearing aid you may want to look the Enya 4, Enya 3 or Enya 2
The Dot 10 is the third level of technology in the Dot range by ReSound. It is a tiny BTE (Behind the Ear) hearing aid designed for people with mild to profound hearing loss. The Dot 10 is suitable for people are mainly in quiet listening environments, such as their own home.
• 9 Channels – Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Up to Four Programmes – This would allow you to programme the hearing aid for two different environments e.g. Restaurant/Normal speech.
• Surround Sound Processor - This processes the different frequencies to preserve the sound quality. It also has a built in wind noise control system.
• DFS (Digital Feedback Suppression – Eliminates the whistling noise caused by feedback.
• Noise Tracker II - This is a sophisticated system that helps to remove background noise leaving speech clearer.
• Onboard Analyzer II – This feature allows your audiologist to analyse the data from your hearing aid by logging the activity that takes place. The audiologist can then feed the data into a computer and review it.
• Softswitching – This feature detects levels of sound and speech then slowly adapts the microphones to ensure a continuous comfortable listening environment.
• Adaptive Directionality – Rather than the focus of the microphone being fixed in one direction (i.e. forwards), this feature means that the hearing aid will detect which direction the speech is coming from and adjust the microphone to attain the best sound quality.
In conclusion, the Resound Dot 20 and the Resound Dot 30 is for people looking for a highly cosmetic hearing aid who mainly find themselves in quiet, easy listening environments. This technology has now been superseded so if you are looking for a faster processor and the option of wireless connectivity then you may want to try the Alera range. To view the complete Resound Dot Hearing Aids range click here.