The ‘IQ’ refers to the noise reduction feature which is now a standard in most of their hearing aids. The S Series is available in 3 levels of technology IQ 11, IQ9 and IQ7. Superseded by the X Series
The S Series IQ range of hearing aids were launched in 2010 and at this time were the top level of technology available from Starkey. The ‘IQ’ refers to what was then Starkeys new noise reduction feature which is now a standard in most of their hearing aids. The S Series is available in 3 levels of technology IQ 11, IQ9 and IQ7 of which the IQ11 is the top level.
The S Series IQ11 is available in the following styles
BTE – (Behind the Ear)
RIC – (Receiver in Canal)
CIC – (Completely in Canal)
ITC – (In the Canal)
ITE – (In the Ear)
IIC – (Invisibe in Canal)
The IIC style is also known as the S Series IQ Otolens which is a tiny device that fits deep in the ear canal. If you are interested in this kind of hearing aid then you may want to look at Starkeys new Soundlens range.
IQ11 Features include
• 16 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Feedback Cancellation – This helps to eliminate the annoying whistling sounds that can sometimes occur using Starkeys Purewave technology..
• Voice IQ – This feature helps to reduce the background noise and leave speech much clearer.
• Voice Indicators – Alert the wearer to the status of the hearing aid, battery level etc. This feature is only available on the IQ11.
• Sweep Technology – This allows you to change volume or memory settings easily with one touch.
The IQ11 also feature Starkeys Hydrashield. This makes your hearing aids resistant to a range of substances such as sweat, wax or water, helping to prolong the life of the hearing aid.
In conclusion the Starkey S Series IQ11 is the top level of technology in this range but has now been replaced by the X Series 110 which offers new features and added wireless capability. The IQ11 comes in a wide range of styles to suit your individual needs, if you do find you are on a bit of a budget, you may want to try the Starkey S Series IQ9 or the Starkey S Series IQ7.