Written by Paul Harrison
The 3 Series is the new technology available from Starkey. It is available in the 110, 90 and 70 ranges (i110, i90 and i70 for wireless versions). This hearing aid is very much the same as the WI. It offers the same features and wireless compatibility but has been redesigned for easier use. It has a new switch design to make volume and setting control easier and Snapfit for easier receiver connection.
The styles available in the 3 Series are
RIC – (Receiver in Canal)
Mini BTE (Behind the Ear)
The 3 Series has a wide range of features available.
- Up to 16 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
- Up to 5 Levels of Personalisation – This allows you to customise the hearing aid to your personal requirements.
- Voice iQ2 – Thanks to this feature, the noise reduction capability in these hearing aids has been greatly increased up to a maximum 20dB noise reduction strength.
- Audioscape – This recognises noise patterns in different environments working to ensure that priority is always given to speech The (i)110 and (i)90 have adaptation levels and will automatically adjust your hearing aid to your preferred settings.
- Feedback Eliminator - Starkey’s Purewave technology helps to eliminate the whistling feedback noises that can occur.
- Self Learning – Your hearing aid will actually learn your volume preferences and adjust itself automatically
- Swap Fit – This allows your audiologist to transfer your settings from your old hearing aid device to the new one.
- 3D Speech Mapping – This feature is only available on the (i)110. Using this, your audiologist can see how your hearing aid is processing sounds in real time.
The 3 Series also features Starkeys Hydrashield. This makes your hearing aids resistant to a range of substances such as sweat, wax or water, helping to prolong the life of the hearing aid.
In conclusion, the 3 Series is available in two styles and 3 levels of technology with a new design for easier use. Whether it is wireless technology or cosmetics that are most important to you when choosing a hearing aid, this range has a style for everyone.