Update - This aid has been superseded. We can still supply them but they are far from new technology. Please see the current models towards the top of our list.
Smart - The smallest hearing aid in the Phonak range that also has wireless capability. Not only discreet, but can be configured to a variety of Phonak wireless accessories. It has binaural applications and easy push button control.
The Audeo Smart S9 is also available with High Tech Ceramic. This is a new casing by Phonak that has a highly resistant surface. This ensures that the hearing aid will stay scratch free and shiny.
Mini - This is a tiny hearing aid and is ideal for people who prefer an extremely cosmetic solution. Still excellent technology but the Mini is not wireless compatible like the Smart and the Yes. It is easy to use and fully automatic.
Yes - This model offers the same features as the Smart but is slightly larger. Described by Phonak as ‘Avant-Garde’, it is a high performance hearing aid that gives the wearer the ability to express their unique style.
The Audeo S9 incorporates Phonaks new Spice chip which offers processing that is twice as fast as its predecessor. It also has a wide range of features designed to give the wearer the best possible listening experience. These features include.
• 20 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• 5 + 2 Manual programmes – These can be tailored to suit your individual needs
• Ultrazoom/Stereozoom/Autozoom - These are all binaural microphone applications designed to enhance speech capture and noise cancellation. The Audeo S9 offers the premium version of this application. This feature is not available in the Mini style.
• Whistleblock – To give the wearer freedom from the annoying feedback that can occur.
• Soundrecover – Improves the wearers ability to hear high frequency sounds while maintaining a natural sound.
• Noiseblock – This is designed to suppress background noise leaving speech clearer. The S9 offers the premium version of this feature
• Soundrelax – This detects sudden loud noises and reduces gain automatically to cushion the sound
• Echoblock - This helps to ease distortion in places that would otherwise reverberate the sound eg. Large halls, churches.
• Windblock – This manages wind noise without having to adjust microphone settings.
• Soundflow with Flex Control – This feature detects even the most subtle changes in your listening environment and using different programmes it can adapt automatically to ensure comfort and clarity in your hearing. The S9 offers the premium 4 programmes in this feature.The flex control feature is only available on the S9 Smart and Yes and allows the user to make adjustments in real time.
The Audeo S9 is also wireless compatible in the Smart and Mini styles of this hearing aid. Phonak have developed a range of accessories to work along side it to give you the freedom to enjoy everyday activities such as watching tv.
• Phonak Compilot – Streamer worn around the neck
• Phonak TV Link S – Tv transmitter/compilot charger
• Phonak Mypilot – One touch display screen remote control
• Phonak PilotOne – Basic remote control
All Audeo S hearing aids are Nano-coated which acts as a barrier against sweat and other moisture in the ear. It is designed to prolong the life of your hearing aid with a choice of styles and colours to suit your individual needs. If you are interested in this type of hearing aid but would like to take full advantage of the new technology available then you may want to try the Phonak Audeo S5 mini, Phonak Audeo S3 mini and the Phonak Audeo S1 mini, which have more features and more sound processing channels.
In conclusion, the Audeo S9 is top level technology from Phonak. It has a sleek design and has wireless compatible styles available. If you are looking for a different design eg BTE (Behind the Ear) or ITE (In the Ear) but you want the same high level of technology then you may want to try the Phonak Ambra, to see the complete range from Phonak Audeo Hearing Aids range view here.