Update - This aid has been superseded. We can still supply them but they are far from new technology. Please see the current models towards the top of our list.
In 2012 Phonak launched the Dalia. This hearing aid was designed as a basic model for people with more of a budget in mind. It still has a range of styles to choose from.
It is available in various BTE (Behind the Ear) Styles
It also comes in several custom ITE (In the Ear) models
CIC - (Completely in Canal)
MC - (Mini Canal)
ITC - (In the Canal)
HS - (Half Shell)
FS - (Full Shell)
The Dalia has a good variety of features, these include
• 4 Channels - Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
• Ultrazoom - This is a binaural microphone application designed to enhance speech capture and noise cancellation.
• Whistleblock – To give the wearer freedom from the annoying feedback that can occur.
• Soundrecover – Improves the wearers ability to hear high frequency sounds while maintaining a natural sound.
• Noiseblock – This is designed to suppress background noise leaving speech clearer.
• AOV (Accoustically Optimised Vent) – This ensures the wearer has minimum occlusion
The Dalia hearing aids are Nano-coated which acts as a barrier against sweat and other moisture in the ear. It is designed to prolong the life of your hearing aid.
In conclusion, the Phonak Dalia is a basic hearing aid designed for people who need a good level of technology but have no need for extras such as wireless capability. It has the more budget conscious customer in mind and is available in a range of styles and colours.