Starkey Z-Series i20 Hearing Aids and Reviews
Price for one - £495 | Price for a pair - £795
The Z Series i20 is the cheapest hearing aid in the range, and still comes complete with the latest wireless technology.
High Street Price
Our price £495
For Free Expert Advice
8am to 8pm 7 days a week
The Starkey Z Series is a range of hearing aids designed to suit all levels of hearing loss whatever your lifestyle. The wide range of technology, along with the variety of styles available means that is easy to find one to suit you. Despite being the cheapest hearing aid in the Z Series the i20 benefits from Starkey’s latest 900 Sync wireless technology which helps both hearing aids to work together and give a three dimensional sound quality.
The i20 is ideal for those who need a hearing aid to help them hear in one to one conversations and less challenging listening environments
- 4 channel bands - The hearing aid channels analyse and process each sound to improve and clarify sound quality. With 4 channels for sound processing this hearing aid offers great sound quality.
- Acoustic Scene Analyser - This level 2 program detects noise and wind as well as quiet environments and can make subtle adjustments to the settings to ensure you have the best hearing settings in all environments.
- Audioscapes - This feature works with the Acoustic Scene Analyser to help you to hear speech in quieter environments as well as helping to remove the distraction of wind noise.
- Purewave Feedback Eliminator - Starkey’s powerful feedback eliminator removes the whistle or buzzing sound of feedback before you hear it. It does this without compromising on sound quality.
- Synchronised User Controls - The user controls include binaural telephone mode which makes it easier to talk on the phone. The hearing aid on the ‘phone side will turn up to clarify the speakers voice whilst the other hearing aid will turn the volume down, reducing background noise in the room. There are also volume and memory programs which work together wirelessly synchronising their settings. Settings are easy to change using the Surflink remote control.
- Surflink Accessories - Starkey’s surflink accessories are completely compatible with the Z series. Accessories include mobile phones which can stream the call to your hearing aids, media streamers which stream the sound of your TV or music player directly to you, as well as the remote control which allows you to adjust your settings.
- Spectral IQ - ISO clear compression is a program which recognises the high frequency sounds outside your hearing range, such as higher pitched voices. It processes and replicates these sounds within your hearing range without distorting other sounds.
- Spatial Streaming and Stream Boost - The Stream Boost program boosts audio streaming in difficult listening environments. This cuts down on background distractions as well as making listening more comfortable. Spatial streaming helps both hearing aids work together in all settings for the best hearing quality.
- Acuity Directionality - The directional microphones help to focus on the sounds around you with clarity giving you a dynamic listening effect.
- Speech ID - This program can recognise and enhance speech sounds to help in conversation where there is background noise.
- Multiflex Tinnitus Technology - If you suffer from tinnitus or ringing in the ears, this program can be tailored for you to relieve your symptoms.
- Hydrashield2 - This specialised, tough, nano coating is designed to repel earwax and moisture, which can stop your hearing aid working at its best.
The i20 is available in a range of styles and colours so it is easy to find the right one for you.
The styles include;
In The Ear (ITE), this style is suitable for mild to severe hearing loss.
In The Canal (ITC), this style is suitable for moderate to severe hearing loss.
The ITE and ITC models can be fitted with a telecoil as an optional extra.
Completely In Canal (CIC), this style is nearly invisible in the ear canal and is suitable for mild to moderately severe hearing loss. This is the only fitting not to come with a volume control and directional microphones.
Receiver In Canal (RIC) and a micro RIC with the multiflex tinnitus program as an optional extra. It has a telecoil and is suitable for mild to moderate hearing loss.
Behind The Ear (BTE) models include a BTE mini and BTE power plus. This style also has a telecoil and is suitable for all levels of hearing loss from moderate to severe.
The smaller, in the ear styles are available in 5 faceplate colours and 4 shell colours. The BTE and RIC styles are available in 7 colours.