Unitron Latitude 8 is the middle level of technology in this range but has now been superseded by the Quantum 12.
The Latitude range of hearing aids were launched in 2009 by Unitron and come in 3 levels of technology Latitude 16, 8 and 4. The Latitude 8 is the middle level of technology in this range but has since been replaced by the Quantum 12. Latitude hearing aids offer a wide range of styles and colours to choose from.
BTE (Behind the Ear)
ITE (In the Ear)
FS (Full Shell)
HS (Half Shell)
ITC (In the Canal)
MC (Mini Canal)
CIC (Completely in Canal)
The Latitude 8 comes with a number of features designed to enhance your listening experience.
• 8 Channels – Channels allow your hearing aid to be programmed for your individual needs. The more channels you have, the more specific it will be.
• Speech Enhancement LD – This feature amplifies speech and with the use of adaptive directional microphones you will get clear speech in any environment.
• AutoPro 2 – This allows you to customise your SmartFocus programmes and gives automatic transition.
• Antishock – This helps to ease the impact of a sudden loud noise
• Feedback Manager – This helps to eliminate the annoying whistling noises that can sometimes occur
• Wind Noise Manager – This feature enables you to hear more clearly in windy situations.
Many of the styles in the Latitude 16 range have wireless compatibility, so Unitron have developed a range of accessories to help you enjoy everyday activities more easily. These accessories include:
• uDirect - Streamer worn around the neck
• Utv - TV Transmitter / uDirect charger
• SmartControl - Advanced remote control
In conclusion, the Unitron Latitude 8 is the middle level of technology in this range after the Unitron Latitude 4, but has now been superseded. It offers a wide range of styles and features to give you a clear listening experience in almost any environment. If you are interested in this kind of technology and would like to see the latest products available then you may want to try the Unitron Latitude 16.