In 2011 Unitron launched their Quantum range of hearing aids, of which the Quantum 12 is the mid level of technology. It is available in a wide range of styles and colours to suit you whatever your individual requirements may be. The styles available are:
• BTE (Behind the Ear)
• ITE (In the Ear)
• CIC (Completely in Canal)
• Micro CIC (Completely in Canal)
• RIC (Receiver in Canal) – This style is also referred to as the Quantum Moxi
The Quantum 12 comes with a good range of features. These include:
• 12 Channels – Channels allow your hearing aid to be programmed for your individual needs. The more channels you have, the more specific it will be.
• Automatic with Smart Focus - This responds to changes in your situation or environment and adjusts your programme accordingly. The Quantum 12 has 3 programmes.
• Client Control of Smart Focus – This allows the wearer to manually adjust things like fine tuning.
• Binaural Phone – This allows you to hear a phone conversation in both ears without the need for an extra accessory.
• Antishock – This helps to ease the impact of a sudden loud noise
• Feedback Manager – This helps to eliminate the annoying whistling noises that can sometimes occur
• Wind Noise Manager – This feature enables you to hear more clearly in windy situations.
As many of the styles in the Quantum 12 range have wireless compatibility, Unitron have developed a range of accessories to help you enjoy everyday activities more easily. These accessories include:
• uDirect 2 - Streamer worn around the neck
• Utv 2 - TV Transmitter / uDirect 2 charger
• SmartControl - Advanced remote control
• Unitron Remote - Basic remote control
In conclusion, the Quantum 12 is the mid level of technology available from Unitron after the Unitron Quantum 6. It has a good range of features and offers wireless compatibility. It is available in a range of styles and colours to suit your individual taste. It has fewer channels and features than the more advanced Unitron Quantum 20 and Pro but still includes much of Unitron’s latest technology.