A basic level hearing aid that was launched at the beginning of 2011. Designed for people who want a lower cost option but do not want to miss out on technology.
It is available in a range of styles and colours to suit your individual requirements. Styles available are:
• BTE (Behind the Ear)
• ITE (In the Ear)
• HS (Half Shell)
• FS (Full Shell)
• CIC (Completely in Canal)
• ITC (In the Canal)
The Unitron Shine offers a range of basic features, these include:
• 4 Channels – Channels allow your hearing aid to be programmed for your individual needs. The more channels you have, the more specific it will be.
• Antishock – This helps to ease the impact of a sudden loud noise
• Feedback Management – This helps to eliminate the annoying whistling noises that can sometimes occur
• Wind Noise Manager – This feature enables you to hear more clearly in windy situations.
• Noise Reduction – This helps to eliminate background noise, leaving speech clearer.
In conclusion, the Unitron Shine is entry level technology. It only contains the more basic features, but is still available in a range of styles and colours to suit your individual taste. This hearing aid would mostly be suitable for people who generally find themselves in quieter listening environments. If you would prefer a lower cost option such as this but would still like access to wireless technology then you may want to try the Quantum E, which is Unitron’s more advanced entry level hearing aid.