Resound Alera 5 Hearing Aids & Reviews
Third level technology the Alera 5 still has a good range of features. It still has wireless capability, feedback suppression and noise reduction.
High Street Price
Our price £695
For Free Expert Advice
8am to 8pm 7 days a week
Update - New information
This hearing aid has now been superseded. The aids available in Resound's newest range are the LiNX2 9, the LiNX2 7 and the LiNX2 5. If you are working to a budget and are looking for a more basic hearing aid you may want to look at the Enya 4, Enya 3 or Enya 2
The Alera 5 is the third level of technology currently offered by ReSound. Like the Alera 7 and 9, it is available in a range of models and colours.
- Alera 5 60 - A non-wireless RIC (Receiver in Canal)
- Alera 5 61 - A wireless mini RIC (Receiver in Canal)
- Alera 5 62 - A Wireless RIC (Receiver in Canal)
- Alera 5 67 - A wireless mini BTE (Behind the Ear)
- Alera 5 77/87 - A Transitional BTE (Behind the Ear) – This model has the ability to switch between a standard and power hearing aid. Has wireless options.
Custom models available include:
- CIC 10 (Completely in Canal)
- MC 20 (Mini Canal)
- ITC 30 (In the Canal)
- ITE 40 (In the Ear)
- ITE 50 (In the Ear)
Also available in the Alera range are the Remote Microphone aids:
- CIC 10M (Completely in Canal)
- ITC 30M (In the Canal)
- ITE 50M (In the Ear)
- 9 Channels – Each channel processes a range of frequencies so the more channels you have, the more specifically it can be programmed to suit your hearing needs.
- Two Programmes – This would allow you to programme the hearing aid for two different environments e.g. Restaurant/Normal speech.
- Surround Sound Processor - This processes the different frequencies to preserve the sound quality. It also has a built in wind noise control system.
- DFS (Digital Feedback Suppression – Eliminates the whistling noise caused by feedback.
- Advanced Noise Tracker II - This is a sophisticated system that helps to remove background noise leaving speech clearer. It can be programmed for two different levels on the Alera 5.
- Onboard Analyzer II – This feature allows your audiologist to analyse the data from your hearing aid by logging the activity that takes place. The audiologist can then feed the data into a computer and review it.
- Softswitching – This feature detects levels of sound and speech then slowly adapts the microphones to ensure a continuous comfortable listening environment.
- Adaptive Directionality – Rather than the focus of the microphone being fixed in one direction (i.e. forwards), this feature means that the hearing aid will detect which direction the speech is coming from and adjust the microphone to attain the best sound quality.
Like the other Alera models, the Alera 5 features their innovative iSolate Nanotech technology. Using nanotechnology, they apply a highly waterproof coating to the hearing aid. This can prolong the life of the hearing aid by protecting it from substances such as earwax or water.
Again, like the other Alera models, the Alera 5 has wireless capability. Unlike many manufacturers, Resound hearing aids do not require an additional neck loop to be worn in order to receive the signal. It is beamed directly from your TV streamer to the hearing aids.
- ReSound Unite TV
- ReSound Unite Mini Microphone
- ReSound Unite Remote Control
- ReSound Unite Phone Clip
In conclusion, despite being the third level of technology down, the Alera 5 still has a good range of features. It still has wireless capability, feedback suppression and noise reduction but at only 9 channels, it has 8 less than both the Resound Alera 9 and Resound Alera 7. It is just as cosmetic as the rest of the Alera range and is available in a range of colours. If you do find you are on a bit of a budget, you may want to try the Resound Alera 4.
Find out all the latest information and view the complete range from Resound Alera Hearing Aids range here.